Friday 31 October 2014

Susie's birthday card



After seeing so many beautiful images available in stamps & digis I decided to try my hand at drawing some myself. 

Armed with my new book purchased called Manga for the beginner Chibis, by Christopher Hart. I followed his instructions step by step & have to say thank you Christopher its an amazing book :).

This little girl appeared almost magically from the spheres used to create her. 
The more I looked at her, the more I realised she resembled my dearest friend Sue, who I've known for 32 years. As her birthday was approaching I decided this was the image I was going to use.

I don't choose a colour scheme. the image I'm about to colour chooses it for me. In this instance it was blue hues.

Copics used are as follows:
Skin: E50, E51, E53 & E93
Mouth: R24
Eyes: B05
Hair: E21, E25 & E29
Top & socks: B00, B02, B12, Stripes: Yellow gel pen (bought from Aldi)
Skirt, shoes & Lapel: B05 & B06
Book: YR14, YR18 & YR21, Pages: W1
Glasses: YR18

Happy Birthday stamp is from vintage rose garden- free with magazine purchased & ink used was colorbox graphic 45 decades-Bon voyage blue. 
The background paper was given to me by a friend & I lightly embellished it with blue mulberry butterflies (which is my signature-all my friends know I use butterflies somewhere in my gifts to them). 
I didnt want to go overboard with embellishments as I put a lot of effort into my drawing & colouring & wanted her to standout & shine.


I was really happy with how she turned out

No comments:

Post a Comment